Why setting up a Foundation?
Foundation can be used for charitable or non-charitable purposes, inheritance, estate planning and wealth management.
Foundations can be created for charitable or non-charitable purposes.
Where to register?
See where you can set your foundation. Check all countries available.
Setting up a Private Foundation – where and when?
A foundation is formed by a person known as the founder (who may be either an individual or corporate body) who provides (through an “endowment”) the assets to be administered by the foundation. The foundation’s assets are to be administered through contractual, rather than proprietary, principles.
Unlike a trust, a foundation is a separate legal entity. It is managed by a council of members. A foundation can hold assets, enter into agreements with third parties and can sue or be sued in its own name. On the face of it a foundation is similar to a corporation. However, unlike a corporation, a foundation does not have any shareholders. A foundation can have beneficiaries, similar to a trust, or it can have purely charitable purposes. Contrary to trust beneficiaries, who have equitable rights, the beneficiaries of a foundation have contractual rights in relation to the assets of the foundation.
A founder may retain some control over the foundation’s assets through reserving certain powers under its rules. Powers that are commonly reserved include powers relating to the investment strategy of the foundation and the appointment or removal of beneficiaries. The founder may also be given the power to revoke the foundation.
An incorporation of your business assists you with working together over a worldwide premise with no issues, forming holding company is totally convenient. At Eurofinanzza, our committed staff ensures that you get the best incorporation services to form holding company.
A foundation may be created with no beneficiaries as long as there is a clear specific purpose as described in the foundation’s charter.
Setting up holding company? Register and create a company to get the best benefits of business incorporation and simplicity of working together. You can get all the facilities for company registration from our accomplished benefits.
Foundation multipurpose use
- Foundation can be used for charitable or non-charitable purposes, inheritance and estate planning, wealth management.
- Protection from Creditors.
- Foundation stands independent from the founder’s personal circumstances. The foundation cannot be void or voidable in the event of the founder’s bankruptcy, insolvency, or liquidation.
- Get all of thevital guidelines and every bit of information about the process to of registering holding company and establishing holding company just with the help of experts at Eurofinanzza.
Asset protection: A foundation, in most of the cases, provides complete worldwide asset protection. The foundation owns all of the assets transferred from the founder. As a separate legal entity, the foundation isolates the assets from the founder and the beneficiaries.
No minimum capital: There is no minimum capital requirement for foundations.
Foundations may be formed with no beneficiaries as long as there is a specific clear purpose for its existence described in the foundation’s charter.
The foundation charter is the official document creating a foundation in Belize. The Act requires every Charter to include the following information:
- The Foundation’s name;
- The Founder’s name and address;
- The Foundation’s purpose;
- The initial property endowment with the registered agent’s certified confirmation;
- Designation of the beneficiaries;
- Designation of the duration of existence (indefinite or fixed period of time);
- The Secretary’s name and address (if one is appointed);
- The Registered Agent’s name and address;
- The names and addresses of the foundation council members (nominee members are permitted); and
- Other important provisions regarding the foundation’s management.
As clients and planners look to flexibility in wealth planning vehicles, the foundation provides an alternative to the more traditional trust.
Where to register a Foundation
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Register your Company today!
All our Consultancy and Advisory services are completely FREE!